- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
im pretty sure the person made the picture as a joke just to get a reaction and you guys really supplied them with one hell of one omg bless it
I should totes explain this.
I saw a bunch of racebent disney princesses..
and then I saw a racebent Elsa…. and I just kinda thought of this.
It’s an Aztec Snow Queen. Her outfit is a goddess-like one. (Cuz not all the aztecs dressed like that.)
So, like… I actually made her outfit based on Chalchiuhtlicue, Tlaloc, Tezcatlipoca, and Coyolxahqui’s. (Chalchiuhtlicue was the wife of Tlaloc, she was the goddess of living(moving water, just like Tlaloc was the god of rain and water, they were the responsibles of rain, waves, ice and snow. Tezcatlipoca was the jaguar warrior, the god of night, winter and material things. Coyolxauhqui was the moon, well.. her head became the moon, it’s a long story.)
So like, I thought that… since she had some sort of control over ice/snow, the people would want her to become a goddess/god wife. And the way for aztecs to do such things, was sacrificing the girl, to give her to the god they wanted her to marry or to hlp her get to the land of the gods, then the high priest would wear her skin as a tribute.
So, she is prepared for that but she doesn’t want to die so he runs away to the mountain, freezes a lot of people, and sets an eternal winter on the lands she lives in, so everyone now knows her as the snow queen in the mountain. Her sister then says she will go and make her stop the winter.
So….Aztec Elsa would be named Izel, and Anna should be Ayauh
IDK guise, I just had to.
I’m sorry.Don’t you dare apologize for this. It’s beautiful and so freaking amazing. I want you to take my money to make that film HAPPEN.